This is a criterion-referenced assessment; no normative data is provided.
This is a computer-based assessment that allows students to be tested on-line. The computer can then generate reports for student, classroom, or school. The skills assessed are generally tested across different levels of difficulty ranging from Level 1 (single sounds or phonemes in isolation) to Level 5 (sounds within multi-syllabic words). A collection of practice exercises for each of the tested domains is provided with RAPS. Other software products are meant to use in conjunction with RAPS — My Reading Coach, and FLRT.
Reading tests online
- Test of Word Reading Efficiency
- Test of Reading Comprehension
- Test of Early Reading Ability
- STAR Reading Computer-Adaptive Reading Test
- Early Reading Diagnostic Assessment
- Reading Diagnostic Tests
- Ready to Learn – A Dyslexia Screener
- Assessment of Literacy and Language
- Pre-Reading Inventory of Phonological Awareness (PIPA)
- Rigby Reads (Reading Evaluation and Diagnostic System)